Our client which has a historic past of growth and market leadership is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer. The Senior Systems Engineer role is to strategically design and implement in-house information systems and networked software architectures that support core organizational functions, and assure their high availability. This individual will gain organizational commitment for all systems and software plans, as well as evaluate and select all technologies required to complete those plans.
- Design and implement long-term strategic goals and short-term tactical plans for managing and maintaining corporate systems and software.
- Ensure that proposed and existing systems architectures are aligned with organizational goals and objectives.
- Provide technical expertise and assistance to System Administrators, Systems Engineers, and software development teams.
- Develop, document, and communicate plans for investing in systems architecture, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
- Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of systems development efforts, and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and systems flexibility.
- Work with executive team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues
- Where applicable, design, develop, and oversee implementation of new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems.
- Document the organization’s existing systems architecture and technology portfolio; make recommendations for improvements and/or alternatives.
- Review new and existing systems design projects and procurement or outsourcing plans for compliance with standards and architectural plans.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsources, and contractors to secure system-related products and services.
- Confer with end-users, clients, or senior management to define business requirements for complex systems and infrastructure development.
- Model business and systems processes based on findings through use case scenarios, workflow diagrams, and data models.
- Develop and execute test plans to check infrastructure and systems technical performance. Report on findings and make recommendations for improvement.
- Develop and manage a systems capacity plan.
- Develop, document, communicate, and enforce a policy for standardizing systems and software as necessary.
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software problems on servers, network devices, and workstations. Escalate incidents as necessary.
- Support application development teams throughout product and/or project lifecycles.
- Hands-on experience with business requirements gathering/analysis.
- Must be strong with Linux and AWS engineering
- Proven experience in systems and network design and development.
- Strong understanding of information processing principles and practices.
- Solid grounding in core enterprise applications.
- In-depth technical knowledge of network, PC, and platform operating systems, including Linux, Microsoft, VMWare, MySQL, and SonicOS.
- Working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards, including configuration management, change management, LDAP, Radius, DNS, data protection, systems monitoring, and log management (SIEM).
- Working knowledge of programming languages, including Perl, PHP, and shell scripting.
- Strong knowledge of software evaluation principles and practices.
- Proven project planning and management experience.
- Good knowledge of applicable data privacy practices laws
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science (Master’s Degree preferred) and/or fifteen years equivalent work experience.
- Certifications in networking, operating systems, and security practices preferred.
- Experience with design and implementation of systems and applications at Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other Cloud providers is preferred.
- Experience with Puppet Enterprise is preferred.
This specific company has the most robust benefit plan of all of our clients including a robust healthcare benefit plan, 401K, and generous vacation and holiday plan.