Our client is seeking a supervisor to monitor all Data Center and Production Control functions including special assignments. Taking action as required or delegating action as required. It also requires ensuring Data Center and Production Control production schedules are fulfilled in an efficient, accurate and timely manner. Supervising, delegating and monitoring status of department tasks.
- Supervise, delegate, manage, monitor, maintain and utilize workload schedules
- Coordinate necessary communications between any internal departments to achieve production goals
- Supervise and or participate in preventive maintenance on all Data Center or Production Control Equipment
- Accept special projects and follow through to completion
- Maintain and utilize Statistics
- Supervise staff with stock inventory duties
- Follow through on all problem resolution and apply knowledge gained to prevention
- Maintain and utilize CA software databases and training software as it pertains to the Data Center and Production Control
- Supervise, maintain and document all standard operating procedures for all Data Center and Production Control functions
- Oversee all workload schedules
- Keep current on job skills and technology
- Ability to work with little or no supervision; work as a team player
- Maintain efficiency in other areas in order to serve as a backup when needed
- Occasional travel is necessary for training classes and disaster recovery drills
- Promote company policies and Company goals in a professional manner
- Work flexible hours and shifts as deemed necessary by department work load and or management
- Must be on call electronically and be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Job entails working with sensitive information
- Regular attendance
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises departmental team members. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training team members; planning, assigning, directing and ensuring reliability of work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Two years of Information Technology curriculum. May consider current work experience in lieu of college education.
Minimum four years’ computer operator related experience.
Minimum two years’ computer Operations Analyst related experience.
Minimum one year supervisory related experience.
- Proficiency in MS-office, Computer Associates Software, Mainframe Midrange software (e.g. MVS, JES2, JCL, UNIX) and peripherals
- Xerox laser printer functions
- People skills
- Conflict resolution
- Leadership abilities
- Time management
- Supervisory skills
IBM mainframe & midrange, Xerox, Dell, HP peripherals. Personal computer equipment and associated software. Normal office equipment.