||Our client is seeking a Systems Administrator to join their team for at least a six month contract. In this role you will help maintain IT operations for a enterprise sized organization. This includes sysystems administration of their key technology stack. It would be helpful if candidates had network administration as well, but that is a "nice to have".
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques and fluency in software languages and application programming interfaces.
- Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
- Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of architecture standards and database and operating systems.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to production outages.
- Analyzes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development, life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and provide options analysis.
- 5-10 years of systems administration
- Experience supporting Linux Red Hat
- Basic Microsoft Windows servers maintenance and patching
- Basic understanding of how networks work and be familiar with supporting routers and switches (preferred)
- Citrix troubleshooting (preferred)
- Familiar with Cloud technologies – AWS preferrably
- Overall understanding of IT security and how to keep networks and systems secure
- Previous experience working as a Desktop Support Specialist on laptops and or servers would come in handy
This is a 40 hour a week position. The position will last for a minimum of 6 months. This is a full time onsite role in Nashville, TN area.
**No third parties please.**