The Data Scientist role is responsible for the development, implementation, and communication of analytics and modeling in support of product, sales, leadership and operations teams. The ideal candidate has expertise in using large and varied data sets to drive business decision-making. They also have experience with numerous methodologies, tools, algorithms and simulations. They will work with a wide variety of business stakeholders and must have passion for teaching others how to think with data.
- Identify existing and future sources of data to leverage in order to drive business solutions.
- Design and implement statistical studies and analytical methodologies and assist in the interpretation of results
- Develop predictive models to optimize customer experience, revenue generation, and business processes.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability.
- Consulting with stakeholders to develop requirements and build relevant strategy to source data and build models.
- Advocate for the effective use of data and drive a culture of data-informed decision making across the company.
- Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Economics or related quantitative field, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in positions that require a combination of machine learning, statistical modeling, data analysis and information reporting
- Advanced statistical programming experience in one or more environments such as SAS, Python, R, etc.
- Advanced proficiency in analytical methodologies and statistical modeling
- Proficiency in SQL and relational database experience
- Working Knowledge of Business Objects, Tableau or other BI tools
- Strong technical knowledge of data management systems, data warehousing methodology, data quality, data modeling, data governance, analytics, and predictive modeling
- Ability to react to change productively and positively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions even among seemingly unrelated events
- Excellent written and verbal communication and comprehension skills, including the ability to clearly explain complex analytical topics to a wide audience who may or may not be familiar with analytics or the subject matter