We are seeking a Senior Project Manager to function as a project lead for an enterprise cloud migration effort. In this role you will be able to combine your passion for technology and skills for problem solving as you lead various IT infrastructure and support projects. As a tech lead, you will make a meaningful difference providing senior level IT engineering leadership and guidance.
As a Technical Consultant, you will manage and lead various IT infrastructure projects. You will be responsible for remote and onsite service requests. You will be called upon to provide break/fix management and support as needed.
- 7+ years of project management or management experience with experience managing IT infrastructure projects
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS or Microsoft Azure is required
- 5 years’ experience working with systems and servers including web servers and application servers
- Experience installing and supporting new hardware and software
- Solid networking knowledge of firewalls, GPOs, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, AD for large organizations
- Project manage hardware upgrades and refreshes
- Experience managing and supporting operating systems and experience routinely testing hardware and software
- Strong understanding of IT security
- Previous experience working in systems/network/desktop support handling break/fix and system outages is required
- Strong problem-solving skills required
- Excellent communication skills required
- Demonstrates senior level understanding of hardware/software platforms including, but not limited to, operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers, and integration technologies
- Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of architecture standards and database and operating systems
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective and timely resolution of system issues including, but not limited to, production outages
- Analyzes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis, and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of modeling business processes, application design patterns, business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and provide options analysis.
This role will be onsite at our client. This is at least a six month project with a chance of extension. Also, nights and weekends remote support is required occasionally for go-lives, etc.