Our client is a rapidly growing organization in the heatlhcare industry that is looking to disrupt their space. We are conducting a search for a Senior Data Analyst to work with our client's pharmacy data. This will include sourcing and acquiring new datasets from our clients and vendor partners, integrating those datasets into a consolidated and standardized data architecture, analyzing that data to determine actionable insights and savings opportunities, and collaborating with other stakeholders across the company as a subject matter expert on this complex topic.
This position will also collaborate with the product team and your insights will help innovate and advance our products. Finally, you will establish the foundation for a team of future pharmacy analysts as the demand for this service increases across our client base.
This position requires candidates to work from their casual office in Nashville, TN. This is a fast paced and collaborative team that is on a mission to bring disrupt healthcare.
- Source, acquire, integrate, and analyze pharmaceutical claims
- Identify spending patterns and savings opportunities in the data
- Match pharmaceutical claims to other datasets (medical claims, eligibility, etc.) for advanced cost savings analyses
- Analyze utilization patterns to determine shifts in PBM contracting and pharmacy billing practices
- Become an expert on the Medi-Span drug database
- Implement and expand our proprietary pharmaceutical switching algorithm
- Use various data sources to determine a fair price for prescription drugs
- Present analyses to internal stakeholders
- Contribute to the ongoing development of analytics tools and processes
- Explain complex technical details to a general audience
- Help build a creative, efficient, and fun team environment
- 2+ years of work experience in a data analysis role workign witth medical claims data (must have heathcare experience)
- Ideal candidate will have experience with pharmacy claims data, but this ia "nice to have:
- 3+ years of experience working in SQL
- Experience working with medical claims data, member eligibility data and matching medical and pharmaceutical claims across different datasets
- Familiarity with data manipulation and data science tools such as Python or R - this is a "nice to have"
- Experience working with a variety of healthcare data types (claims, clinical, enrollment, provider, pharmacy etc.)
- Curiosity, critical thinking, and the will to search until you find the answer
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Comfortable working with messy data and ambiguous results
- Overwhelming desire to test your assumptions and double-check your own work
- Ability to re-evaluate a process from the ground up
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, engineering, computer science, finance, or economics (or equivalent experience)
Our client offers a competitive compensation package with bonus and excellent benefits. Casual work envrionment. If you seeking to get out of a large corporate evironment and enjoy that fast paced start up feel this will be a great fit for you.