Our client which works in the retail industry is seeking a Junior Linux Support Administrator. The position is responsible for installation, configuration, upgrade, administration, and support of remotely distributed Linux systems. Additional responsibilities include assisting the store support Help Desk personnel in troubleshooting issues with the Linux store systems and providing quality assurance testing on Point of Sale software patches and upgrades.
- Setup and maintain store systems (Linux OS).
- Provide computer/network support relating to software and hardware failure on Linux systems.
- Write, test, and implement shell scripts to automate and simplify the support system
- Assist in the quality assurance testing of applications that run on the Linux store systems.
- 6+ months general experience with Linux
- Ability to prioritize and provide timely resolution to issues and requests.
- Experience with installing and modifying Linux Kernels and the associated O/S
- Basic Bash shell scripting
- Must be well-organized, efficient, detail-oriented, and able to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Must be a quick study with strong comprehension skills for unique applications and environments.
- Past experience doing remote support and using remote support tools would be nice.
- Ability to work unsupervised
This is a 2+ month contract position onsite at our client in Nashville, TN. Casual work environment. Our client has a strong team culture environment.