||Our client is an enterprise sized company. They are seeking a Senior Linux Administrator to join their team. In this role you will support the organization and serve as the most senior Linux person in the company. There will be the opportunity to move into management in the future for the right candidate.
- Write, test, and implement shell scripts to automate and simplify the support of the 2800 remote Linux systems.
- Maintain a high level of Linux systems knowledge and associated application software to provide high levels of support.
- Assist in the quality assurance testing of applications that run on the Linux systems.
- Documentation of processes and troubleshooting procedures.setup and maintain store systems (Linux OS).
- Provide computer/network support relating to software and hardware failure on Linux systems.
- 5+ years of experience with Linux in an enterprise environment (Redhat based preferred)
- Bash shell scripting
- Python scripting
- Must be able to lead projects and drive them to completion.
- Experience with installing and modifying Linux Kernels and the associated O/S
- Ability to prioritize and provide timely resolution to issues and requests.
- Self-motivated and the ability to work unsupervised.
- Must be well-organized, efficient, detail-oriented, and able to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Must be a quick study with strong comprehension skills for unique applications and environments.
- Provide rotating 24/7 on-call support for technical issues
- Some travel required and on-call duties required periodically
- JIRA/Confluence experience is a plus
- ??????Bachelor’s degree in related field of study preferred