||Our client is an enterprise sized company. They are seeking a Linux Administrator to join their team. In this role you will support these critical systems and insure they are available and functioning correctly.
- Provide analysis and reporting of Oracle data using Oracle SQL
- Maintain a high level of Linux knowledge and associated application software to provide high levels of support.
- Assist in the quality assurance testing of applications that run on the Linux systems.
- Documentation of processes and troubleshooting procedures.
- Setup and maintain systems (Linux OS).
- Provide computer/network support relating to software and hardware failure on Linux systems.
- Write, test, and implement shell scripts to automate and simplify the support of systems.
- 2-3+ years of experience with Linux in an enterprise environment (Red Hat based preferred)
- MUST HAVE Working experience bash shell script and python script development
- Working experience with HTML, Oracle Sql, XML, Web Services.
- Understanding of basic networking
- Understanding of SSL encrypted communications
- Experience with source control/repository (Subversion, CVS/Github)
- Must be able to lead projects and drive them to completion.
- Experience with installing and modifying Linux Kernels and the associated O/S
- Ability to prioritize and provide timely resolution to issues and requests.
- Self-motivated and the ability to work unsupervised.
- Must be well-organized, efficient, detail-oriented, and able to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Must be a quick study with strong comprehension skills for unique applications and environments.
- Some travel required and on-call duties required
- Jira/Confluence experience is a plus.
- Oracle PL/SQL is a plus
- ??????Bachelor’s degree in related field of study preferred
Must be able to work onsite at our client in Nashville, TN. Will be on call rotation to support the company technically.